Sunday, May 16, 2010

The importance of being alone

I was going to write this while I was in DC but I was really tired and never got the time.

This was the first vacation I was doing on my own. I met with this friends along the way so I guess it's not really alone but that first night in DC was all my own. I flew for the first time by myself and ate a restaurant by myself. I like to think of myself as independent and self-sufficient. I'm used to doing somethings by myself: shopping, museums and groceries. But those aren't abnormal things to do alone.
Being okay with being alone is something I need to learn. I think it's a bit silly to think that I will have someone to be with me all my life. Sure, it's sad to think about ending up alone. But isn't it healthier to realize these things now and learn to deal with it?

No comments: